Welcome to SimBasic - a community legacy!

What happened next? Find out in the Greench Farm legacy!

4 couples stranded and founded a new community on Maccaroni Island. Currently the 3rd generation is about to start new families! This is a Sims3 community legacy that has been updated frequently for a full year, and contains about 100 chapters! Late July 2012 it came to an end and a new spin-off legacy focusing on just one of these households will bring the story forward, starting August 15, 2012.

The very first post is here, or use the Blog Archive to look back. Posts describing the project are tagged *. Please see the interactive map for household bios and family trees. Comments are welcome both here on the blog and on the SimBasic thread at the thesims3 forum. Even if there won't be more updates, I will still read your commnts.

Find all my stories and Sims projects gathered at my blog, Simmerville's Sims :)

I hope you will enjoy the read! :-)

July 04, 2012

Quick Note

Hi all!

Just wanted to tell you that I'm back! Been on vacation, but started to prepare the next SimBasic chapter last night. It includes a scene with ALL teenagers on the island (hm, all except one), it was quite amazing to see them all gathered. The 3rd generation teens look diverse and interesting, it's time to look for the better ties. The future of Maccaroni Island looks bright!


Like most of you will know, this blog will soon come to an end. Week 13 will be completed, meaning there are only 4 more chapters to go! After a full year and about 100 chapters including the intro stories, I'm pretty satisfied with the result. Major changes are coming shortly, and I have not yet decided what household I will choose as my legacy family.

Right, when Week 13 ends, I will pick one of the 4 largest lots as my future focus. Either Redward Ranch, Yea-Low main property, Greench Farm (main farm) or the shed that belongs to the Blumingtons. You can actually influence on my decision by posting your fave! I have no clue at the moment and could pick either of them.

The story from Maccaroni Island will continue in a new blog, focusing more on one household, but still including community events and tidbits from other families, but seen trough the eyes of the main family. I can't wait to concentrate more on fewer individuals, It will allow me to go much deeper into their lives, and because I'm a sucker for details I'm sure it will be a positive twist - at least for me :-) .

Next SimBasic chapter will be up shortly!

4 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 04, 2012

    You have done an excellent job with this story! I can't wait to see what will happen with the volcano and the beetle thing. I vote for any family that is not the redwards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, I'm so excited!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Anonymous and mmmcheezy :D And a new chapter is up - 3 to go...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I can't believe it's been as long as it has and will be ending (or changing, really) so soon! I'm so hooked, it will be bittersweet. I like all of the families a lot, but I'd probably vote for Redward's (they have drama written all over them) or Greench's (big family with a lot of directions to go). I'm glad we'll have a couple more weeks to help you decide!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment, or even suggest stuff to be added/done. Can also be done on the thesims3 forum.