Welcome to SimBasic - a community legacy!

What happened next? Find out in the Greench Farm legacy!

4 couples stranded and founded a new community on Maccaroni Island. Currently the 3rd generation is about to start new families! This is a Sims3 community legacy that has been updated frequently for a full year, and contains about 100 chapters! Late July 2012 it came to an end and a new spin-off legacy focusing on just one of these households will bring the story forward, starting August 15, 2012.

The very first post is here, or use the Blog Archive to look back. Posts describing the project are tagged *. Please see the interactive map for household bios and family trees. Comments are welcome both here on the blog and on the SimBasic thread at the thesims3 forum. Even if there won't be more updates, I will still read your commnts.

Find all my stories and Sims projects gathered at my blog, Simmerville's Sims :)

I hope you will enjoy the read! :-)

September 01, 2011

Maps and Households




The interactive map allows you to really explore the Maccaroni Island on your own, to find background information on linked households as well as community lots. It might be cool to look around as this little island community grows.

Family trees might be added later. At the moment there are rather few sims and the household pages will give enough facts about the relations.

More background pages will be added as the community develops.

10 comments:

  1. Thanks, figen :D More links added this weekend, and I see it's time to use the 5 district maps instead of the total view.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The map has been upgraded! There are finally 5 regional maps, so you can no longer reach the household info from the total view, but must first go to the region. The keywords on the full map are there to guide you.

    I'd appreciate feedback on broken links and confusing navigation, lol. Although the story itself is the main focus, I see the map as an useful and fun supplement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this version of the map a lot more, it's a little easier for navigating. The descriptions on the areas were a nice touch, too. :)

    The link to 1 Sunrise Valley (Yea-Low territory) came up as a broken link for me. Every other link worked well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks mmmcheezy! The link to 1 Sunrise Valley has no page yet because the new family is actually still on the move, so I just deactivated that link for now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do you keep your families and lots and stuff when you import to CAW to add roads?If you know what I mean?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi heat33330 :D

    I did not import the existing world into CAW to add roads. I used 2 versions of the same world, both created before they settled on Maccaroni Island. When I created it in CAW, I first saved the full version including roads. Then I deleted all roads and walks, and saved a "light" version. The light version was used until they built roads in the story. It took place while each family was still gathered on one lot, before they moved out, to keep their family relations. But all friend relations were zero when the 4 families moved over to the "full version" of the world, I remember it was a problem for the following chapter as Archie and Bridgette were kissing, which they couldn't do until their relation was rebuilt.

    Hope I answered your question. If not, ask again, I check for comments several times every week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Many lot profiles were updated last night with new pictures and household adjustments.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment, or even suggest stuff to be added/done. Can also be done on the thesims3 forum.