Welcome to SimBasic - a community legacy!

What happened next? Find out in the Greench Farm legacy!

4 couples stranded and founded a new community on Maccaroni Island. Currently the 3rd generation is about to start new families! This is a Sims3 community legacy that has been updated frequently for a full year, and contains about 100 chapters! Late July 2012 it came to an end and a new spin-off legacy focusing on just one of these households will bring the story forward, starting August 15, 2012.

The very first post is here, or use the Blog Archive to look back. Posts describing the project are tagged *. Please see the interactive map for household bios and family trees. Comments are welcome both here on the blog and on the SimBasic thread at the thesims3 forum. Even if there won't be more updates, I will still read your commnts.

Find all my stories and Sims projects gathered at my blog, Simmerville's Sims :)

I hope you will enjoy the read! :-)

August 14, 2011

Week 1 Day 1 - Stranded!

The 4 newly wed couples were all out of luck when the boat sank, and their lifeboat tipped just when no land was to be seen anywhere. But miracles happen. The morning after, in the warm sand and by the sounds of a couple seagulls blending in with the still rough sea (or is that some snoring?), our main story begins...

It's not everyday you wake up on a foreign beach just like that. Already dry and clean, and the hairspray certainly did what it promised.
You would have been a bit dizzy, too!

Smart thinking by Rita. And this is where I repeat that cell phones will work within a small radius on certain days with calm weather... and this does not include any day following a storm...

Some are slow, that's how life is... normally you will be pretty much aware of your wife on your honeymoon, but well, it's been a tough night.
I told you he's a bit bossy. But I think they need someone to be.


Greta and Gabriel Greench walked into the forest East of the beach.


Some obviously prefer thorough planning. While others are just - grumpy...


Closer to the beach, Bolan is still looking for his wife...

And then they all gathered back on the beach. The two builders did a good job with some wrecked stuff on the beach, right? They named this Arrival Beach, they don't know it yet, but I mention it now because it might be good to know.

Then they sat down. They don't look very worried at all, do they?



Yay, a jellyfish! Dinner is secured! Hooray!
They got 8 fish and 3 jellyfish - not bad on first try. Well, Bolan caught 10 of those and Bianca just 1...


Hm, Greta Greench isn't the most humorous person on this beach - bad choice, Bolan!
Of course they have no bathroom on this camp feast of honeymooners. It's too early, I mean, how big is the chances that the toilet from the sinking boat will appear on the beach next to you? So, they will need to build it themselves, maybe tomorrow already.

So, I forgot to tell you they don't have a shower either. Should be possible to jump into the sea, after all they are on a beach. That's what beaches are for. But well, if they all do it the Yvonne-way, it will be equal to all and nothing to be ashamed of.

To be continued in 2 days!


4 comments:

  1. I love it so far! ^.^
    You may want to proofread for spelling though on the pictures, I saw a few. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Drew :-) I guarantee there will be more typos (hopefully not ruin the reading), but English isn't my native language. If you see wording that is completely wrong, please let me know and I'll avoid repeating it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was sad that your Simmerville project wasn't getting updated, but now I know why. This story is great so far, though I still miss your Simmerville story too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi and thanks, gab75! :D I miss the Simmerville hood too, it just grew too big and detailed, and although I started rebuilding a world for TS3, I figured it got way too time consuming. Maybe, in the future, someone from Simmerville could move to Maccaroni island! Some of the same old "community rules" will apply in the SimBasic community, as well. Did you also follow the SimBepi story?

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment, or even suggest stuff to be added/done. Can also be done on the thesims3 forum.