Welcome to SimBasic - a community legacy!

What happened next? Find out in the Greench Farm legacy!

4 couples stranded and founded a new community on Maccaroni Island. Currently the 3rd generation is about to start new families! This is a Sims3 community legacy that has been updated frequently for a full year, and contains about 100 chapters! Late July 2012 it came to an end and a new spin-off legacy focusing on just one of these households will bring the story forward, starting August 15, 2012.

The very first post is here, or use the Blog Archive to look back. Posts describing the project are tagged *. Please see the interactive map for household bios and family trees. Comments are welcome both here on the blog and on the SimBasic thread at the thesims3 forum. Even if there won't be more updates, I will still read your commnts.

Find all my stories and Sims projects gathered at my blog, Simmerville's Sims :)

I hope you will enjoy the read! :-)

October 17, 2011

Your opinion counts!

Click for a better view.
The story is on its 6th week, and they have built a few small community buildings. Shortly, teens will grow up and move out, to found their own families. There will be more community facilities, and there will be a total of 14 households during the second generation.

So, I've been wondering - do you readers miss a map? Some background info on each household, and maybe each community lot, too? I could add it, but unless it's wanted, I won't get it started. The story will hopefully go somewhere even without that kind of background information, but I know some might like the site to be a little more interactive - with more sections to go to...

Your thoughts on this would be very much appreciated. If minimum 5 readers want the extra info, I will get to it. Because I'd love to get more than just a yes or no, I'll ask you to comment on this post instead of running a new poll on the case.

Thank you! :-)

(And soon there will be real animals, not just pasted pixles like you might have seen on some of the previous pictures!)

8 comments:

  1. Yes, maps and stuff. I love maps. I have read all posts so you should do what an anonymous poster says.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The more info the better. This is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think adding interactive maps with background info on the families and such will help as the population expands. It might also help to keep a family tree or something. Family Echo is a good site that would allow you to provide a family tree link.

    ReplyDelete
  4. More info would be nice, I think it'll be hard to keep track of as they keep growing without it. Doesn't have to be super extensive, but yeah a tree would be good and then the map would be nice as well.

    I noticed the dog btw, I hope one of the families tames one soon, that'd be pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for showing this much interest! It means a lot for the amount of efforts I'll put into the project. Only one more reader needs to say ai-ai and I'll start planning some info section.

    I programmed a family tree on my old Simmerville site, I think I might get something similar to work on the blog with scripting. If not, I will find another way. Interactive map should work as well (like on the SimBepi).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found your blog while doodling around on the official Sims forum, so I'm totally new to your story/blog. Therefore, a little background would be nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks PenelopeT, and welcome to the story :D

    That's it, I'm planning the info section. I think there will be one page per household (maybe also community lots), and those pages will be linked from interactive maps. There will be a little family tree info on each household, but I'll make them as static JPGs just to keep everything simple.

    Thanks all! :D

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment, or even suggest stuff to be added/done. Can also be done on the thesims3 forum.