Welcome to SimBasic - a community legacy!

What happened next? Find out in the Greench Farm legacy!

4 couples stranded and founded a new community on Maccaroni Island. Currently the 3rd generation is about to start new families! This is a Sims3 community legacy that has been updated frequently for a full year, and contains about 100 chapters! Late July 2012 it came to an end and a new spin-off legacy focusing on just one of these households will bring the story forward, starting August 15, 2012.

The very first post is here, or use the Blog Archive to look back. Posts describing the project are tagged *. Please see the interactive map for household bios and family trees. Comments are welcome both here on the blog and on the SimBasic thread at the thesims3 forum. Even if there won't be more updates, I will still read your commnts.

Find all my stories and Sims projects gathered at my blog, Simmerville's Sims :)

I hope you will enjoy the read! :-)

September 11, 2011

Week 3 Day 1: Rita got a plan

The start of their 3rd week! I am actually enjoying this little island pretty much, seeing them leaving it gives me mixed feelings. They got one day left, and today they will be tearing down their shelters. I'm seriously not trying to make pictures of these activities, you know they would need to be manipulated anyway. So instead, this chapter will be put together of random events, mostly focusing on the kids.

At the Yea-Low hut, Yespar woke up rather early. Corinne was in her crib, but Yvonne was gone! How strange, she has said on several occasions how she dislikes to leave the base after dark.
Yesper had no choice but leaving Corinne sleeping, and run off to look for his wife. He would basically check 3 locations; the two beaches and the highest point of the island.
He was lucky. He found Yvonne at Northern Beach, wearing her sleepwear. Had she walked there in her sleep?
She didn't respond.

She was obviously quite confused. Yespar had never seen his wife like this.

so what did she mean by that? Yespar ignored any silly thoughts. They had to hurry back home and focus on the packing.

Cuddles54227 wanted to know more about the Blumingtons, and although this chapter is no Blumington special, they have given the situation lots of thoughts, and might be the only family not quite desided. This morning they were not well rested at all.
Bolan was lying. He had hardly slept, but he saw no point in announcing it.

Bianca is a shy person, she doesn't mind the limited offers, as long as she can spend much of the day alone. Now that she got her easel and 2 daughters to care for, there isn't much on her wish list. Except opening a gallery, but she realizes that she might never be fulfilling that wish - not here and probably not on the Maccaroni island.
Good point. You will need help dragging your walls to the water.
Bridgette and Bella often play together. They are too young to understand what the next day will bring. Did I ever mention their traits? Bridgette is Clumsy and Absent-minded, while Bella is Absent-minded and Easily impressed. Bridgette got the hair colour from Bianca, but the blueish effect seems to be more obvious on Bridgette, maybe it will get toned down a bit as she grows up with another hairstyle. I am not allowed to adjust hair colours, only the style.

Over at the Redward residence (or hut), Rita was getting ready. It turned out she is pregnant again - with her missing husband's child.
Yea, no matter what you choose, Rita, the other option might have been wiser...

She harvested the vegetables, hated it just as much as before, but if they reached the new land it would be all back to basic again, and she would need something to grow. They will be at least 4 in the household, and they will need to grow much more food than before.
Then the phone rang...



But someone who just grew up, had heard it all...

It's called a bedtime story, Randal! Well, you just grew up and I'm impressed that you learned that many words already!
And each time Rita completed a page, Randal kept claiming one more page or he would tell! Finally he fell asleep. Their last day on this island had come to an end.

On this first day of a new week, Yvonne is supposed to calculate all the bank notes, and anyone with a net debt will be charged a 10% fee. She did her duty, but today there were no net debts. Such an easy job on Yvonne!

To be continued in 2 days! Will they leave the island or not? Note there is a new poll on the blog - this week you can choose your favourite household, and I'll plan a special :-)

6 comments:

  1. I've just been reading through your story. It's pretty interesting and I'm curious about the new island. It would be hard for me to play something like this since I can't manage all the families though that might also be a benefit as you can play through the generations quicker. I think it'll be interesting to see when the kids grow up and have to start marrying, especially with you having to manage it so they can marry in the generation after that.

    Anyway one question or I guess note that I do have is that you type luv instead of love. I'm not sure if that's purposeful, but love would be the correct choice. Luv really isn't a word.

    And just a question I guess but the Blumingtons are obviously blue. Should I just assume that's normal for 'people'? It was never explained and no one questioned it, so I assume it's just a standard but I guess I wanted to bring it up anyway to clarify.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess they are all based on colors, I guess the blue just stood out to me the most, I can see why the yellow and red didn't, as they are within the natural range, but I don't know why the green didn't pop out to me earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anuoa :-) Thanks for commenting on the story!

    Yes, it is a bit chaotic at times to jump between houses like I have to do, but I think it's easier in this very limited community, than it would be in say Sunset Valley where ie rabbit holes would cause promotions and stuff would happen beyond my control. Also, when I switch houses the kids grow up a few days earlier, which suits me fine.

    The "Luv" word is more of a slang, and you will find it's only used spoken and only by Bianca and Bolan. I agree it's not a proper word, more like a private thing between those two. I think it sounds a bit naive and sweet, and suits especially Bianca :-) I wonder if Luv might be more used in UK English, you see I'm in Europe and learned UK English (that's why I spell colour and neighbour etc.). The difference is minor, so I hope Americans won't mind a lot :-)

    And - yes - there are blue, red, yellow and green - it's even slightly indicated by their family names and I'm surprised that you are the first to comment on it :-). There will be more focus on this in a while, but the skin colour strength was kept very low to make them blend in. It becomes very obvious when two colours are seen in the same picture (like in a hug). I have no idea what the population will look like colour wise in a few generations. I'm only 7 chapters ahead to secure a new update every 2nd day. I almost regret this thing...
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad Randal is alive, it would be tough for Rita to be alone. The new island sounds great but I can understand Bianca's hesitation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey thanks for responding. Luv is used here(US), in texting, or as chatspeak, not when indicating actually speech such as in a story. When people spell 'luv' to me instead of 'love' it's irritating in real life, but it's just personal preference so it's not a big deal and most people, since many are fond of chatspeak, wouldn't be bothered. I'm just more particular.

    Yeah I guess the houses would be more manageable then, it'll be cool to try out sometime.

    Yeah I'm surprised I didn't realize the color thing earlier, it's pretty obvious now, and I did notice the names too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi again, I just noticed that I've used 'luv' in a different way than intended. I'm not used to it in my RL either, lol. I wanted to use it as a nick, not as a verb. So 'Luv you, luv' should rather be 'Love you, Luv' - does that make sense? Anyway, they are no longer newly wed, so I guess they will use it less as they grow older.

    I'm a few chapters ahead, and I just can't stop going on. Is updating every 2nd day too often?

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment, or even suggest stuff to be added/done. Can also be done on the thesims3 forum.